Thursday 9 June 2011

Go me!

This is a shameless example of me being my own cheerleader (I could have posted a cheerleader pic but it might have attracted the wrong sort of reader...).

Tonight I passed the 40,000 word mark. I'm half-way through chapter twelve and I reckon there are between fifteen and twenty thousand words to go (it's a much shorter book than The Watchers). I hit the wall just after 30,000 but I seem to be back in the game now. So, hanging in there and keeping on going.

The last chapter is mostly written and I reckon there are three or four chapters in between (I could of course be wrong...). I can't claim to know everything that happens between now and the end but there *is* a scene where my hero Adam goes to a nightclub and things don't go exactly to plan... Should be fun to write.

So, back to the grindstone!

2 comments:

Mozette said...

Hang in there, my first serious novel took 14 years to write and was 120,000 words long with 3 parts to it. It was a sci-fi fantasy book and I'm still figuring out how to get through second book as I'm only a quarter way through writing that one. :)

Debbie McCune *Notebook to Novel* said...

Thanks for the encouragement! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...