Thursday, 9 June 2011

Go me!

This is a shameless example of me being my own cheerleader (I could have posted a cheerleader pic but it might have attracted the wrong sort of reader...).

Tonight I passed the 40,000 word mark. I'm half-way through chapter twelve and I reckon there are between fifteen and twenty thousand words to go (it's a much shorter book than The Watchers). I hit the wall just after 30,000 but I seem to be back in the game now. So, hanging in there and keeping on going.

The last chapter is mostly written and I reckon there are three or four chapters in between (I could of course be wrong...). I can't claim to know everything that happens between now and the end but there *is* a scene where my hero Adam goes to a nightclub and things don't go exactly to plan... Should be fun to write.

So, back to the grindstone!


Mozette said...

Hang in there, my first serious novel took 14 years to write and was 120,000 words long with 3 parts to it. It was a sci-fi fantasy book and I'm still figuring out how to get through second book as I'm only a quarter way through writing that one. :)

Debbie McCune *Notebook to Novel* said...

Thanks for the encouragement! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...