Thursday 27 January 2011

Currently reading...

I stumbled upon this book quite by accident at a second hand book stall in Dublin and am really enjoying it. It is set about 6000 years ago and tells the story of Torak and his pet / guide Wolf. Very vivid and great pace and detail! It's apparently the first of what has become a series of books, The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, one of which won the Guardian Children's book prize last year. May have to check the rest of them out now...!

Anyone else come across a great children's book recently? The best bit of writing is being able to justify reading anything! I'm sure my Amazon shopping list makes me look like a serious weirdo...!

3 comments:

ellie said...

I'm going to look for this one. I like your review of it.

Melissa Cunningham said...

I will definitely look for it!

Debbie McCune *Notebook to Novel* said...

I finished it and it's a great read - so vivid!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...