Tuesday 3 May 2011

Cooking vs. Writing

Tonight I was supposed to be writing - or at least that was the plan. Small child part of me wanted to sit down and tell a story. Grown up sensible me went food shopping and decided we needed a nutritious dinner for when we stagger in the door tomorrow evening.


And so... no story. Instead I am exhausted from chopping and frying and seasoning things but can now smell this wonderful beef and vegetable casserole simmering away in the kitchen. Going to have it tomorrow with mash, broccoli and baby spinach. Yum Yum!


There's still a bit of me wishes I had done some storytelling... but as we all know to our cost there are only so many hours in the day. Maybe tomorrow, once I've polished off the stew, I can start happy-tapping on the keyboard...


6 comments:

ellie said...

Yum! Looks like a great casserole. Hopefully, you get in some writing soon.

Angel Triggs said...

Yummy!! A healthy dinner should do the trick. Even if you don't write tonight, I bet you will have a burst of energy tomorrow. Hugs!

Sophie said...

Even if you didn't get any writing done today, delicious food like that will give you a burst of energy! I bet you'll get twice as much done tomorrow.

B.T. Hoskins said...

I love your blog! I read it enough that I forwarded you the "Blog on Fire" award. You can go to my blog and pick it up anytime~

Debbie McCune *Notebook to Novel* said...

Just put it on to simmer a little more... the smell!!! (*drools Homer Simpson style*) ;-)

Debbie x

Tom said...

Wow...it looks absolutely tasty!!! Yum

TOm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...